FENESTRATION BAU China, the building sector’s leading gathering in Asia, is taking place from November 5 to 8, 2019 in Shanghai for the first time under the name of BAU China. The new name, BAU China, now aligns the event with BAU in Munich also in terms of content. It stands for the growing diversity of themes and it shows the rapid development of the trade fair since its premiere in 2017.
FENESTRATION BAU China will in future be integrated into BAU China as the biggest section of the exhibition. Other segments which will be strengthened or newly introduced to the show are: Architecture Solutions/CADE, Digitalization & Building Automation, Flooring, and Roofing and Waterproofing.
Dr. Reinhard Pfeiffer, Deputy Chairman of the Board of Messe München, is confident: “With BAU China, we are offering the international industry a comprehensive platform in China and giving visitors from the Far East access to current solutions in all areas of the building sector.” The trade fair alternates each year between Beijing and Shanghai. This year around 650 national and international companies will be exhibiting in eleven halls at the Shanghai New International Expo Center (SNIEC). Among them are familiar names such as Elumatec, Jung, Raynaers, Reysta and Soudal. Roughly 100,000 participants are expected to attend the show — exhibitors, visitors and congress delegates.
The trend themes at BAU China continue to be sustainability, energy-efficiency and the implementation of smart solutions in building. In addition visitors will be able to gather information not only at the booths of the exhibitors, but also in the supporting program to the show:
- The Prefabrication Materials & Green Building Forum explores how prefabrication of components can help the building industry in China and improve environmental performance. German and Chinese experts will be exchanging views and ideas on green technologies and modern production techniques.
- Ideas on new design concepts, application trends, building materials and technologies will be available to architects and planners in the China Architecture and Design Expo (CADE). Following on from the premiere of CADE in 2018, BAU China will again this year be organizing this section of the exhibition in cooperation with the Architectural Society of China.
BAU Congress China
BAU Congress China is an established component of the trade show. The focal themes this year are:
- Future of Cities—National and International Planners
- Re-Use of Chinese Heritage
- Human Scale Architecture
- Smart Solutions for Architecture and Urban Design
- Digital Design for Visionary Architecture
Among those so far committed to taking part in the congress are: Zhang Li of TeamMinus (Beijing), Junya Ishigami of Junya Ishigami + Associates (Tokyo), Doreen Heng Liu of NODE Architecture and Urbanism (Hong Kong), Alex Mok of Linehouse (Shanghai), Hannes Pfau of UNStudio (Amsterdam), Hao Dong of Crossboundaries (Beijing), Kai-Uwe Bergmann of BIG Bjarke Ingels Group (New York), Libin Chen of David Chipperfield Architects (Shanghai), Ziyu Zhuang of RSAA (Beijing) and Martin Jochmann of JADE + QA (Shanghai).
Information and tickets: www.bauchina.com